Pages

Friday, 31 July 2015

Everyday Heroes Pastel Art

Today we have been working on some pastel art!
After lunch Miss McLeod did an example with us. First she drew 'Everyday Heroes' in bubble writing. I'm really good at that so I was excited! Then she got a pastel and started colouring in the background and text. Miss McLeod said the background couldn't be too 'busy' and by that she meant it couldn't be too detailed or have lots of different colours. We were handed out trays of messy rainbow pastels and pieces of A4 paper. Next we got to work!
I drew up 'Everyday Heroes' and then chose my pastel colour. I decided on a pink background with white polka dots and baby blue text. 
The pastels were really messy to work with because the colour (blue or pink) kept staining my fingers and smudging my artwork. It also took really long because it was hard keeping a thick slippery pastel inside the lines. 
Once I'd completed the background (that took out a CHUNK of my afternoon) I began on the blue, which was a bit easier. I coloured in everything and showed Miss McLeod. 
We also had to write down our personal, everyday heroes in a huge outline of a hero (which was actually Natalia drawn around by Mrs McGuinniety). I put my Dad.
I think he's the reason I'm called 'spoiled!' 
Here is the picture of my finished pastel art. Isn't it cool?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.