First of all, we studied about the debate, learning about it, commenting on it. We were told to write about the debate, so I did, including lots of information about John Key - how he is wanting to change the flag's design - and the opinions of other New Zealanders. I made my opinion. The flag should not be changed, we fought with it in both of the world wars.
Alas, a few days later we were assigned to draw up our own flag prototype. It was hard at first, but I thought about it and started. My first prototype was way too crowded, with many pictures of native birds, wildlife, pavlova (mmm) and of course kiwis!
After much planning as a class, it was time to begin our second prototype. This time I tried not to make it so crowded, this time lowering it down to two pictures - a black koru, as a sign of Maori culture, and four white stars around the edges as a sign of a slightly de-constructed southern cross..?
This time I got some feedback from my friends, and they all said it was good but they didn't understand the stars. Taking their words in the palm of my hand - my left hand, I needed to draw with my right - I started my third prototype! It was pretty much the same but I had moved the four stars to the upper left hand corner, this time shaped like the Southern Cross. My friends liked and understanded my third prototype a lot more.
But then... it was time for my final prototype...
I completely changed everything.
Putting away my old design in the bin, my final prototype was better.
It was a long white cloud on a blue background.
And that, of course, represents my country, New Zealand.
The land of the long, white cloud....
Here is my final copy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.